President's Impact Award recognizes five leading researchers
For their impact that stretches far beyond the University of Toronto, five leaders in medicine, law, engineering, social work and the humanities are receiving President’s Impact Awards.
“The University of Toronto is very proud of these researchers, whose work is leading to important change here at home and around the world,” said Vivek Goel, U of T’s vice-president of research and innovation and strategic initiatives. “Their work, across a diverse range of fields, is reaching beyond academia and improving life for a broad cross-section of society locally and globally.”
The winners are:
- Tom Chau of the Institute of Biomaterials & Biomedical Engineering
- Barbara Fallon of the Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work
- Audrey Macklin of the Faculty of Law
- Stephen Hwang of the department of medicine in the Faculty of Medicine
- Anna Shternshis of the department of Germanic languages and literatures in the Faculty of Arts & Science
Winners of the President’s Impact Awards receive $10,000 per year for five years to be used toward their research, and become members of the President’s Impact Academy.