Eight staff members receive Simcoe Hall Vice-Presidential Staff Awards
Eight University of Toronto staff members have been recognized with the Simcoe Hall Vice-Presidential Staff Award for 2021.
Established in 2013, the award recognizes outstanding contributions by unionized, confidential or professional and managerial staff who work in the president’s office, the division of the vice-president and provost, a vice-presidential division or the Office of the Governing Council. Assessment criteria include leading with equity and inclusion, making a significant contribution to a division or the broader university and contributing to team morale through an inspirational attitude that encourages colleagues to work harder, smarter and with resilience.
This year’s winners are:
- Ronald Atkins, manager, caretaking services, Facilities & Services – Building & Grounds
- Elizabeth Church, director, stakeholder relations, Office of the Vice-President Communications
- Lori-Anne Hill, director, human resource services, Operations and Real Estate Partnerships
- Prasanna Nanayakkara, lead cook, Red Seal, Food Services
- David Newman, executive director, Student Experience
- Tania John Pihl, associate director, advancement professional development and placement, Office of the Vice-President University Advancement
- Anuar Rodrigues, former director, strategic projects and initiatives, Office of the Vice-President & Provost
- Donna Shukaris Walker, manager, innovations and entrepreneurship, Innovations & Partnerships Office