Professors, student and alumni named to Canada's Top 40 Under 40
Three University of Toronto professors, one student and two alumni have been named to Canada’s Top 40 under 40 published by BNN Bloomberg and the National Post.
The honourees, chosen from more than 1,000 nominations, will be profiled in the Spring edition of FP Magazine and featured on BNN Bloomberg in an interview series, Canada's Next Leaders.
The three faculty members named to the list are all from the Temerty Faculty of Medicine:
- Dr. Nir Lipsman, assistant professor in the department of surgery at the Temerty Faculty of Medicine and director of Harquail Centre for Neuromodulation, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Dr. Trevor Pugh, associate professor of medical biophysics at the Temerty Faculty of Medicine and senior scientist at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
- Dr. Juveria Zaheer, assistant professor of psychiatry in the Temerty Faculty of Medicine and clinician scientist at CAMH
“Congratulations to Dr. Lipsman, Pugh and Zaheer, each of whom epitomizes the strength of young interdisciplinary researchers and clinicians across the Toronto Academic Health Science Network,” said Professor Trevor Young, dean of the Temerty Faculty of Medicine. “These Temerty Medicine faculty members are applying new approaches and insights to important questions in neurology, psychiatry and cancer; they are the ones to watch as we find better ways to diagnose, treat and ultimately prevent debilitating disorders.”
Also named to the list were two alumni and one student:
- Ali Reyhany, the founder and CEO of Care Health and co-founder of Med Now
- Sahar Saidi, the founder and CEO of LUS Brands
- Melissa Sariffodeen, the co-founder and CEO of Canada Learning Code and a graduate student at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education