U of T Smoke-Free Policy: Resources
The University of Toronto offers a number of resources to support students, faculty and staff in quitting smoking and vaping.
Faculty & staff:
- Cessation programs and support are available through Green Shield for employees who are registered in an eligible benefits program.
- Homewood Health
- e-course “Stop Smoking: Get Your Life Back”
- Homewood EFAP offers addiction counselling through their counselling services
- Homewood EFAP offers smoking-cessation coaching “Life Smart Coaching - Smoking-Cessation Program”
- Homewood Health 1-hour on-site group session
Students: Student health services provide many supports for reducing or quitting tobacco use, including:
- Meeting with a health care professional to discuss treatment options, resources and tools
- Accessing free nicotine replacement therapy (i.e., nicotine gum and patch) or exploring other prescription quit aids
- Referrals to Smokers' Helpline
For more information or to book an appointment, students can contact their local student health service:
Online Supports: Leave The Pack Behind is an online, age-tailored support that provides information, quit contests, and free nicotine replacement therapy for young adults.
Off-campus resources: CAMH offers smoking cessation resources at its Nicotine Dependence Clinics (two locations near downtown Toronto).