U of T receives another top employer honour
Named Top GTA Employer for sixth consecutive year
For the sixth consecutive year, the University of Toronto has been chosen as one of the Top GTA Employers in the annual competition run by Mediacorp Canada Inc. in partnership with The Globe and Mail.
The designation, awarded to 95 organizations for 2012, recognizes employers that lead their industries by offering exceptional workplaces.Each employer was judged on its operations and human-resources practices according to the same eight criteria as the national competition for Canada's Top 100 Employers:
• physical workplace, which includes benefits such as on-site gyms and lounges;
• work atmosphere and social (described as the overall culture, including organized events);
• health, financial and family benefits;
• vacation, and time off;
• employee communications (which refers to the company’s procedures to communicate and get feedback from employees);
• performance management (including performance reviews, recognition and rewards);
• skills and training development; and,
• community involvement.
The complete list of employers appears in the November 16 edition of The Globe and Mail.
U of T was honoured nationally last month when it was recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2012.