Where to pick up your U of T face mask
Non-medical masks or face coverings must now be worn indoors in all common-use spaces on University property.
The University of Toronto is offering every student, faculty member, staff member and librarian two free non-medical cloth face masks. These are two-ply masks that were ordered in May 2020 based on public health guidance at that time and continue to be available for pick up. A three-layer mask may provide added protection and may be considered for people at greater risk of COVID-19 due to work or living situations. Information on how to add a filter to existing two-layer masks is available at the Toronto Public Health webpage provided above; however, the Chief Public Health Officer has said this does not mean that existing masks need to be disposed of and can continue to be used.
For added protection, users who wish to do so can use two masks together or in combination with a paper mask. More information about non-medical masks can be found in these Government of Canada instructions and guidelines, and additional guidance, including how to modify your non-medical masks, is also available from Toronto Public Health.
Distribution of masks is ongoing in the following locations
Please note: You do not need to arrange a special visit to campus to pick up your masks. One pair has been assigned to you and will be available whenever you return to campus.
Staff and students, please visit one of the following locations to obtain your masks. Check back regularly for the most up-to-date list of pick up locations.
ST. GEORGE CAMPUS
- New College – library (all students)
- Innis College – Residence Front Desk at 111 St. George St. (Innis College students only)
- Trinity College – Welcome Desk, 6 Hoskin Ave. (Trinity students, faculty, and staff only)
- 89 Chestnut St. – main desk (for resident students only)
- Victoria College – Residence Services Desk, 140 Charles St. W. (Victoria University students only)
- University College: Morrison Hall Desk, 75 St. George St. (University College students, faculty and staff only)
- Robarts Library (all students and staff)
- Gerstein Science Information Centre (all students and staff)
- U of T Bookstore – 214 College St., 1st floor, stationery department cash registers (next to Canada Post counter).
Please enter through SW doors on College St. (all students and staff)
UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO MISSISSAUGA
Masks are available for distribution at several locations across the campus.
- Facilities Management & Planning, room 2220 2nd floor Maanjiwe nendamowinan
- Service Desk Atrium, CCT building
- Registrar’s Office, main floor, Kaneff Building
UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO SCARBOROUGH
- Residence Office – Residence Centre (available to all students not just residence students)
- Health and Wellness
- Chem Stores
For faculty, staff, and librarians
Mask distribution for faculty, staff and librarians has been arranged at the divisional level. Your CAO or department head has sent information on how to obtain your masks.
More information on masks and the University’s Policy on Non-Medical Masks and Face Coverings can be found in our FAQs.