Graduated from University of Toronto Medical School and completed Internal Medicine and Respirology training in Toronto.
Clinical fellowship in Adult Cystic Fibrosis in Melbourne, Australia in 1990
Associate Professor of Medicine
Head, Division of Respirology, St Michael's Hospital
Director Adult Cystic Fibrosis Program, St Michael's Hospital
Associate Staff Respirologist, Hospital for Sick Children
Adult cystic fibrosis and non-CF bronchiectasis.
Director of largest adult cystic fibrosis centre in North America providing ambulatory and inpatient care to over 350 adults with cystic fibrosis.
Current Local, Provincial, National and International Activities
Chair, Clinic Subcommittee, Medical/Scientific Advisory Committee Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
Clinical research in the area of cystic fibrosis focussing on:
- Genotype-phenotype relationships in CF
- Diagnosis of CF - re-defining diagnostic criteria
- Pathogenesis of early lung disease in mild CF.
- Measurement of quality of life in adults with CF.
- Clinical implications of Burkholderia cepacia in CF
- Natural history studies including in the area of CF related diabetes, liver disease, osteoporosis, pregnancy
Current Grant Support
|Title of grant and number
||Pulmonary Bacterial Community Gene Response in
Antibiotic Response and Resistance
||National Sanitarium Association
||2009 - 2014
||$999,500 over 5 years
Selected Recent Publications
Click here for search results from PubMed