The UTCSP engages a diverse membership of approximately 100 faculty and trainees and provides support to their broad research and education activities. In addition, the Centre delivers the Interfaculty Pain Curriculum on an annual basis, the Annual Pain Meeting, and educational workshops and seminars. Members also work to build awareness about pain management and practice, including use of guidelines and improving IP collaborations.
Membership in the UTCSP is divided into three categories:
- Regular membership: is open to individuals who have an appointment/affiliation at the University of Toronto in any faculty and/or University of Toronto affiliated teaching hospitals.
- Associate membership: is open to individuals who have a faculty appointment at a university other than the University of Toronto.
- Trainee membership is open to students, at all levels, who are associated with a regular member.
Benefits of Membership
The UTCSP is a growing and innovative research centre. With a new strategic plan in place, we are working to enhance and update the Centre's activities. The benefits of membership in the UTCSP include:
- Participation in the annual research meeting at no cost.
- Engagement opportunities for students.
- Awards for graduate and post doctoral student members.
- Lecture series highlighting recent basic and clinical research.
- Opportunities to network and gain a multidisciplinary appreciation of the problem of pain.
- Continuing education events and educational outreach opportunities.
Becoming a Member
If you are interested in becoming a member, please complete an application form at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/UTCSPmembership