The UTCSP is located at the University of Toronto under the collaborative partnership and leadership of the Faculties of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry, and Pharmacy.
The vision of the UTCSP is to be a key academic voice and a leader, both nationally and internationally, in pain research and education.
The mission of the UTCSP is to create and disseminate knowledge on pain and inform clinical excellence through interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Foster research and scholarship leading to an understanding of the mechanisms of pain and its alleviation
- Link research and education in pain so as to effect the dissemination and application of new knowledge in pain
- Develop, implement, and support coordinated educational programs in pain at undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate levels
- Foster a multi-disciplinary approach in clinical research activities in pain, including collaboration between basic and clinical science
- Develop and provide continuing education programs for health care providers aimed at the dissemination of information derived from research and clinical evidence.