You can approach this Office for advice regarding University policies and best methods to proceed to resolve your problem.
Many offices in the University offer services that may be of assistance, depending on the nature of your concern, and we may refer you to them where that seems appropriate. Information about some of these is given through the links provided below.
If after reviewing this list you are still uncertain about where to go, or if you have been unable to get the help you need elsewhere, please contact us.
- If you are a current or former graduate student registered through SGS and your concern relates to your academic status
- If you are a current or former undergraduate or professional student (program not in SGS) and your concern relates to your academic status
- If you are a current or former employee of the University
- If you are a post-doctoral fellow
- If you have a concern about a student service (e.g., housing, health, career counselling, etc.)
- If you have a concern about financial matters
- If your concern relates to the library
- If your concern relates to a student residence
- If you believe that you are being harassed or discriminated against because of your race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, disability, receipt of public assistance or record of offence
- If you have a concern about safety
- If you are concerned about the conduct of another person or if you are accused of a non-academic offence
- If you require legal assistance
- If your concern relates to admission to a program at the University