CV For: Timothy P. Harrison CV
Ph.D. 1995 University of Chicago
M.A. 1991 University of Chicago
B.A. (with honors) 1987 Wheaton College
Professor, Department of Near and ME Civilizations, University of Toronto (2007-
Associate Professor, Department of Near and ME Civilizations, University of Toronto (2002-2007).
Assistant Professor, Department of Near and ME Civilizations, University of Toronto (1997-2002).
Research Associate, Oriental Institute, University of Chicago (1995-97).
Lecturer, The College, University of Chicago (1994-95).
Complex Societies, Near Eastern Archaeology, Bronze & Iron Age Civilizations, Urbanism, Ethnicity, Exchange Networks, Ceramic Analysis, Archaeological Method/Theory.
President, American Schools of Oriental Research (Jan/2008- ) [www.asor.org].
Associate Chair and Graduate Coordinator, Department of Near and ME Civilizations, University of Toronto (Jan/2005-June/2008).
NMC 260Y, The Archaeology of the Ancient Near East [=NMC 1400Y].
NMC 360H, The Archaeology of the Biblical World I: The Bronze Ages.
NMC 361H, The Archaeology of the Biblical World II: The Iron Age.
NMC 465H, Ceramic Analysis [=NMC 1411H, Near Eastern Ceramics I].
NMC 466H, Ancient Near Eastern Ceramics [=NMC 1412H, Near Eastern Ceramics II].
NMC 1406Y, Problems in the Archaeology of Bronze Age Syria-Palestine.
NMC 1407Y, Problems in the Archaeology of Iron Age Syria-Palestine.
NMC 1408Y, Seminar in the Archaeology of Syria-Palestine.
- 2008 Community Life, Household Production and the Ceramic Industry at Early Bronze Age Tall al-‘Umayri. In The Archaeology of Early Bronze Age People. Edited by M. Chesson. Winona Lake, IN: Eisenbrauns.
- 2008 Cyprus, The Sea Peoples and the Eastern Mediterranean: Regional Perspectives of Change and Continuity. Special issue of Scripta Mediterranea (Vols. 27-28).
- 2007 Neo-Hittites in the North Orontes Valley: Recent Investigations at Tell Tayinat. Journal of the Canadian Society for Mesopotamian Studies 2: 59-68.
- 2007 Investigating 5,000 years of Urban History: The Tall M?dab? Archaeological Project. In Crossing Jordan: North American Contributions to the Archaeology of Jordan. Edited by T.E. Levy, P.M.M. Daviau, R.W. Younker and M. Shaer. London: Equinox Publishing. [lead author]
- 2007 The Early Bronze Age City States of the Southern Levant: Neither Cities nor States. In Crossing Jordan: North American Contributions to the Archaeology of Jordan. Edited by T.E. Levy, P.M.M. Daviau, R.W. Younker and M. Shaer. London: Equinox Publishing. [co-author]
- 2005 The Neo-Assyrian Governor’s Residence at Tell Tayinat. Bulletin of the Canadian Society for Mesopotamian Studies 40: 23-33.
- 2005 Mesha, the Mishor, and the Chronology of Iron Age Madaba. In The Bible and Radiocarbon Dating; Archaeology, Text and Science. Edited by T. Levy and T. Higham. London: Equinox Publishing. [lead author]
- 2005 Geochemical Analysis and Sociocultural Complexity: A Case Study from Early Iron Age Megiddo (Israel). Archaeometry 47/4: 705-22. [co-author]
- 2004 Megiddo III: Final Report of the Stratum VI Excavations. Oriental Institute Publications, No. 127. Chicago: Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago.
- 2003 The Tall Madaba Archaeological Project: Preliminary Report of the 1998-2000 Field Seasons. Annual of the Department of Antiquities of Jordan 47: 129-48. [lead author]
- 2003 The Battleground. Who Destroyed Megiddo? Was It David or Shishak? Biblical Archaeology Review 29/6: 28-35, 60, 62, 64.
- 2003 Settlement Heterogeneity and Multivariate Craft Production in the Early Bronze Age Southern Levant. Journal of Mediterranean Archaeology 16: 33-57. [co-author]
- 2002 Rabbath of the Ammonites. Archaeology Odyssey 5: 12-19.
- 2001 Early Bronze Social Organization as Reflected in Burial Patterns from the Southern Levant. Pp. 215-36, in Studies in the Archaeology of Israel and Neighboring Lands in Memory of Douglas L. Esse. Edited by S. Wolff. Studies in Ancient Oriental Civilization (SAOC), No. 59. Chicago: University of Chicago.
- 2001 Urban or Rural? The Development of Regional Communities in the Highlands of Jordan during the Third Millennium. Studies in the History and Archaeology of Jordan 7: 191-96.
- 2001 Tell Ta'yinat and the Kingdom of Unqi. Pp. 115-32, in The World of the Aramaeans II; Studies in History and Archaeology in Honour of Paul-Eugène Dion. Edited by P.M.M Daviau, J.W. Wevers and M. Weigl. Journal for the Study of the Old Testament Supplement Series, No. 325. Sheffield: Sheffield Academic Press.
- 2001 The Evidence for Aramaean Cultural Expansion in the Amuq Plain. Bulletin of the Canadian Society for Mesopotamian Studies 36: 13-22.
- 2000 Urban Life in the Highlands of Central Jordan; A Preliminary Report of the 1996 Tall Madaba Excavations. Annual of the Department of Antiquities of Jordan 44: 211-29. [lead author]
- 2000 The Early Bronze III Ceramic Horizon for Highland Central Jordan. Pp. 347-64, in Ceramics and Change in the Early Bronze Age of the Southern Levant. Edited by G. Philip and D. Baird. Sheffield: Sheffield Academic Press.
- 2000 Field D: The Lower Southern Terrace. Pp. 95-154, in Madaba Plains Project IV. The 1992 Season at Tell al-'Umayri and Subsequent Studies. Edited by L. G. Herr, D. Clark, L. T. Geraty, R. Younker, and O. S. LaBianca. Berrien Springs, MI: Andrews University Press.
- 1997 Field D: The Lower Southern Terrace. Pp. 99-175, in Madaba Plains Project III. The 1989 Season at Tell el-'Umeiri and Vicinity and Subsequent Studies. Edited by L. G. Herr, L. T. Geraty, O. S. LaBianca, R. W. Younker, and D. R. Clark. Berrien Springs, MI: Andrews University Press.
- 1997 Intrasite Spatial Analysis and the Settlement History of Madaba. Studies in the History and Archaeology of Jordan 6: 137-42.
- 1996 The History of Madaba. Pp. 1-17, in Madaba: Cultural Heritage, eds. P. M. Bikai and T. A. Dailey. Amman: American Center of Oriental Research.
- 1996 The Surface Survey. Pp. 18-23 in Madaba: Cultural Heritage, eds. P. M. Bikai and T. A. Dailey. Amman: American Center of Oriental Research.
- 1993 Economics with an Entrepreneurial Spirit: Early Bronze Trade with Late Predynastic Egypt. Biblical Archaeologist 56: 81-93.
- 1992 The Early Umayyad Settlement at Tabariyah: A Case of Yet Another Misr? Journal of Near Eastern Studies 51: 51-59.