Petro Jacyk Graduate Scholarship in Ukrainian Studies
The Petro Jacyk Graduate Scholarship in Ukrainian studies
provides support to graduate students at both the master's
and doctoral levels studying at the University of Toronto,
including participants in the exchange program between the
University of Toronto and the Kyiv Mohyla Academy. Awards
may also be used to support research conducted in Ukraine.
For more information contact Svitlana Frunchak,
Ukrainian Programs Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submitt your letter of application, CV, estimated budget, other sources of funding, and one letter
of reference by March 1, 2014.
Other Scholarships in Ukrainian Studies
- Dmytro and Natalia Haluszka Family Scholarship in Ukrainian Studies
- Dr. Roman Turko and Yaroslawa Turko Scholarship in Ukrainian Studies
- Ivan Bodnarchuk Scholarship in Ukrainian Studies
- Must be a graduate student in the Faculty of Arts and Science who is pursuing study or research in Ukrainian Studies. Preference will be given to students in History and Social Sciences.
- Financial need will be considered; must demonstrate financial need by qualifying for OSAP or by submitting a Financial Needs Assessment Form for the fall-winter sessions in which the application is made.
- Please note: international students may be considered.
- To be determined on the basis of estimated costs.
- Award is paid after re-registration in the next fall session at the University of Toronto.
Only one application is required; applicants will be considered for all three awards. Applications are composed of five parts that must be submitted together. Please ensure applications are complete upon submission. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications must include applicant's student number and current mailing address.
- One-page statement outlining the student's program of study and/or research interests.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Budget indicating funding requirements
- One-page letter of support from a University of Toronto faculty member (must be submitted in a sealed envelope with the application).
- Photocopy of the applicant's OSAP assessment or a Financial Needs Assessment Form.
Submit applications to:
Ukrainian Studies Awards Committee
c/o Lanor Mallon, Faculty Governance Assistant
Sidney Smith Hall, Room 1006
Toronto, Ontario, M5S 3G3
Deadline: March 15 at 5:00 p.m. – Late submissions will not be accepted.
For more information, click here.