Downloading your UShop Purchases
The UShop purchasing process is the same as it was before (for details, refer to the Shopping in UShop tutorial. The only difference will be obtaining the software. Rather than picking it up in person, you will be sent an email confirmation with a link to the download location.
- Log into UShop and place your software order. The purchase order will be sent to the LSO.
- The LSO will review/validate the order and send you an email order confirmation. The message will contain the UShop packing slip.
- Go to the LSO’s recently launched secure website—LSO Software @ UofT.
To access this site, you must:
- be on a computer on the UofT network (either directly or using UofT’s VPN service)
- log in with your UTORid and password
- Once you’ve logged in, click the Account link in the top right corner. You will see two sections: Recent Orders and Account Settings.
- The Recent Orders section contains a list of your most recent ecommerce and UShop orders. Please note: UShop orders placed before November 7, 2012 will not appear here.
- To view all orders, click See All located at the bottom right of the Recent Orders section.
- The list will expand to show all orders. Click the View Order button to display the complete details of a particular order.
- Click on the name of the software under Name to download the software. The software will be in ISO, ZIP or DMG format.
What do I do with these files?
- ISO – disk image.You can:
- burn to DVD/CD if you have the appropriate software. You will then have a DVD/CD with all necessary installation files. Find Setup.exe (Note: .exe will not show up if you have Windows 7)
- uncompress with suitable software (such as 7-Zip, a free program). You will then have a folder with all necessary installation files. Find Setup.exe (Note: .exe may not show up if you have a default Windows setup)
- mount it as a disk image using the appropriate software (such as DaemonTools). Install as you would from a physical CD/DVD in your drive.
- ZIP – compressed file. Uncompress with built-in Windows software by double-clicking. This should provide a folder with all necessary installation files. Find Setup.exe (.exe may not show up if you have a default Windows setup)
- DMG – compressed file (Macintosh). Uncompress with built-in Mac software by double-clicking.
How do I install the program?
- DMG – once you have uncompressed the file, if you see an installer, double-click and follow the instructions. If you see the application, drag and drop it to Applications folder.
- EXE – double-click and follow the instructions.
- If you require further downloads, the Status in the Digital Goods section indicates if this option is available. It will display Valid as long as there are remaining downloads. When there are no remaining downloads, the status will change to Depleted and the name will no longer be a link to the digital goods file. If you require further downloads and the status is Depleted, please contact the LSO.
OTHER INFORMATION ON THE VIEW ORDER PAGE
The Payment Information section displays the payment method used. For UShop orders this section will display as a UShop Purchase Order and the Reference Number will be the UShop Purchase Order number.
MANAGING YOUR ACCOUNT
In the Account Settings section you will be able to:
- Update your email address
- Manage your address information
- Review available software downloads and serial numbers
Account Settings – Update Email Address
Account Settings – Manage Address Book
- To update the current account address click Edit.
- Edit any changes to the address information and click Save and Continue.
Account Settings – Digital Goods
The Digital Goods page displays all digital goods purchased, with corresponding serial key, and remaining downloads.
The digital goods Status area will display Valid as long as there are remaining downloads. When there are no remaining downloads, the status will change to Depleted and the name will no longer be a link to the digital goods file. If you require further downloads and the status is Depleted, please contact the LSO.
As per current LSO UShop practices, when media is ordered, a separate email notification will be sent to you informing you to either pick up media or that the media has been shipped (to UTSC or UTM). Also, the LSO continues to perform “Goods Receipt” on behalf of UShop customers and to post the “Invoice”.
The LSO UShop workflow will remain the same and you can continue to check your LSO purchase activity in UShop. The LSO Software @ UofT ecommerce website is a complementary tool to UShop used to download the purchased software.
For any questions, concerns, or comments please contact: