SAS 9.4 is now available for 64-bit operating systems only. A 32-bit version of the software are no longer developed. The 64-bit version will NOT work on a 32-bit system. Before purchasing you will need to determine if your computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit version of the Windows operating system.
Annual License Period: July 1, 2013 - June 30, 2014
- System Requirements
- Product Information
- Vendor and Support
- Free E-Learning Courses
- Frequently Asked Questions
SAS is a powerful, feature-rich, statistical analysis program. It is used in a wide variety of disciplines. Versions 9.3, 9.2 and a slightly older version, 9.1.3 are available.
In version 9.3, the SAS "Educational Analytic Suite" (EAS) contains the following components:
SAS Bridge to ESRI
SAS Online Tutor
SAS Integration Technologies
** ** All SAS/ACCESS products are available in this offer dependant on system requirements with the exception of BAAN, R3, SAP BW, Microsoft SQL Server, and People Soft.
If purchasing SAS for Windows, you will need to know:
- What version you have installed (Home, Professional, Ultimate, etc)
- If it is 32-bit or 64-bit
- SAS 9.4 is available for 64-bit operating systems only. A 32-bit version of the software are no longer developed. The 64-bit version will NOT work on a 32-bit system. Before purchasing you will need to determine if your computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit version of the Windows operating system.
To find the answers, follow the instructions provided by Microsoft here.
SAS Version 9.4 for Windows will NOT run on:
- Windows XP (Home)
- Windows Vista (Home Basic, Home Premium)
- Windows 7 (Starter, Home Basic)
- Windows 8 (Consumer version not supported) - Support information for Windows 8: http://support.sas.com/kb/46/876.html
Mac is not supported
SAS 9.4 will run on:
- Windows 8 (Professional, Enterprise) - Support information for Windows 8: http://support.sas.com/kb/46/876.html
- Windows 7 (Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate)
- Windows Vista (Business, Enterprise, Ultimate)
- Windows XP (Professional, Media Center, Tablet)
- Windows Server
- z/OS (mainframes)
Complete list of SAS Supported Operating Systems.
Current Version: 9.4 Rev.930 13w26 TS1M0
Restrictions: For UofT departments, faculty, staff, and students only.
Teaching hospitals affiliated with UofT who intend to use SAS for "clinical research" have to sign their own "Affiliate Contracts" with SAS Canada Inc. Contact Marlene Badine at SAS Canada (416-307-4500 or firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.
License Type: Subscription
License Period:July 1, 2013 - June 30, 2014
Guides and Books: Available at the UofT Bookstore
Installation Media: Installation media is sold separately at $12 per DVD set. If you currently own the media you are not required to repurchase it. Media is no longer lent out for installation.
Cost: New license cost is $110 for stand-alone workstations.
Upgrades: If you purchased a license for the current license period, you are entitiled to upgrade to the latest version of SAS for the cost of the DVD set ($12).
When renewing, please indicate which version of SAS you have installed (ie 9.1.3, 9.2, 9.3), what operating system (Windows, Linux), and what system type (32-bit or 64-bit). On UShop, add this to the comment field when adding the item to your cart. On the order form there is a space designated for this information.
Buy Online at the LSO E-Commerce Store. (Requires a campus network connection and UTORid to login.)
Use the order form for cash, debit, credit, and invoices and fax or bring it to the LSO office.
Vendor and Support:
Vendor: SAS Institute Inc.
Support: SAS Support Website
Free E-Learning Courses:
Included with your SAS license purchase are free E-Learning courses. Registering for the course will require an activation code which can be acquired by emailing our office. Please include infromation about the purchase for verification. Once the code has been obtained follow these steps:
- Go to support.sas.com/myelearn and log into your profile. If you do not currently have a profile, please create one using the link on this page.
- Enter your activation code into the activation code box, then click Submit. Review the license agreement and select I agree to accept it.
- You should now see the training in your list of active courses and the date on which your access expires. Select a course title to start your learning.
Summary of Courses:
- SAS e-Learning: SAS Programming Introduction: Basic Concepts
- SAS e-Learning: SAS Programming I: Essentials
- SAS e-Learning: SAS Programming II: Data Manipulation Techniques
- SAS e-Learning: SAS Programming III: Advanced Techniques and Efficiencies
- SAS e-Learning: SAS Macro Language I: Essentials
- SAS e-Learning: Querying and Reporting Using SAS Enterprise Guide
- SAS e-Learning: SAS Enterprise Guide 1: Querying and Reporting
- SAS e-Learning: SAS SQL I: Essentials
Frequently Asked Questions:
Installation and Renewal
Q: Do you have installation instructions?
A: Installation instructions for:
Q: How do I renew my SAS license?
Q:How can I determine if my version of Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit?
Q: Do I have the 32-bit or 64-bit version of SAS installed on my Windows x64 workstation?
Installation and Activation Issues
Q: The installation is taking a long time. Is this normal?
A: Yes, the installation will take at least an hour.
Q: When installing SAS 9.4 on Windows 8 the the SAS Deployment Wizard attempts to install .NET Framework 3.5 during the Stage 1: System Requirements phase and fails. How do I continue with installation?
A: You will need to manually download the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and install it. Please see the SAS KB article for resolution of this issue.
Q: After installing SAS 9.4 I cannot find the SAS shortcut. I only see three shortcuts: SAS 9.4 Deployment Manager, SAS Integration Technologies Configuration, and SAS Install Qualification Tool 9.405. The installation only took 15 minutes.
A: Please verify whether or not your Windows installation is 64-bit. The likely cause is that your Windows installation is 32-bit you will need to exchange for SAS 9.3 32-bit as there is no 32-bit version of SAS 9.4.
Q: When installing SAS 9.3 on Windows Home Premium the following message appears: "The version of the operating system you are using is not supported by the software you are attempting to install."
Q: When installing SAS 9.3 on Windows the computer reboots in the middle of the installation and the program is not installed.
A: Pre-requisite programs are being installed which require a reboot before continuing with the installation. Run setup.exe again to continue with installing the program. The computer may need to restart multiple times without notice. Ensure that if you must run other applications while installing that you save any work.
Q: I have a Mac, how can I install SAS?
A: There is no version of SAS for the Mac. You can install Windows on a mac using one of two methods listed below. A license and installation media for Windows is required. Faculty/Staff can download a copy for Microsoft Windows for use on their University owned workstation from microsoft.utoronto.ca. Student or personal use Windows licenses can be purchased from www.microsoftstore.com. Ensure that the Professional version of Windows 8 is purchased as the consumer version is not supported. Support for this is not provided by the Licensed Software Office.
- Dual booting using Boot Camp.
- Virtual Machine software such as VirtualBox (free), VMWare Fusion, Parallels.