ESRI (Environmental Systems Research Institute, Inc.)
ESRI is a world leader in developing geographical information systems software.
The Licensed Software Office is responsible for the administrative aspect of distributing the software. The Map and Data Library are responsible for distribution of the software media and technical support. Departments who purchase the software are allowed to install it on all workstations within the department.
The cost is $1200 annually for new members to the ESRI consortium at the University of Toronto. The list of departments can be found on the Participating ESRI Consortium Members website.
Current Version: Full ESRI Software Listing
Restrictions: For UofT departments, faculty, staff, and students (of participating departments).
License Type: Annual Subscription
License Period: August 1, 2013 - July 31, 2014
Guides and Books: Available at the UofT Bookstore
Supported Operating Systems: Windows, Unix, Mac
Installation Media: Downloadable via Map and Data Library. Information on the download will be provided shortly after the LSO has informed them of the purchase.
Cost: $1200 annually for new members to the ESRI consortium at the University of Toronto.
Buy Online at the LSO E-Commerce Store. (Requires a campus network connection and UTORid to login.)
Use the order form for cash, debit, credit, and invoices and fax or bring it to the LSO office.
Vendor and Support:
- All requests for specific software and key codes should go through UofT Map and Data Library (gerald(dot)romme(at)utoronto(dot)ca)
- Payment as agreed by partners will be processed on annual basis through Chris Finley at LSO, Informaiton Commons (chris(dot)finley(at)utoronto(dot)ca)
- In most cases new partners will be charged the minimum annual amount ($1,200/yr) to participate the ESRI partner group at UofT.
Five GIS Specialists for Technical Support at UofT:
|Name||Dept||Areas Covered||Phone and Email Address|
|Byron Moldofsky||Geography St. George||Geography and other social science partner depts||416-978-3378, firstname.lastname@example.org; Tech. contact: Bruce Huang, Geography, 100 St. George St., Rm 601, 978-1450 or email@example.com|
|Sarosh Jamal or Andrew Nicholson||Geography and GIS Library at UTM||Partner depts and any future users at UTM||Sarosh Jamal at 905-569-4497, firstname.lastname@example.org;
Andrew Nicholson at 905-828-3886, email@example.com
|Marcel Fortin||Map and Data Library||All library users, any user who are not members of partner depts.||416-978-1958, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Asmus Georgi||Engineering||Civil engineering, JPINT, FALD, any future users in the area||416-978-3673, email@example.com|
Responsibilities of the GIS Specialists:
- Answer straightforward technical or application-related questions, etc.
- Circulate questions to other UofT Technical support contacts for answers
- Contact ESRI technical support to answer questions
- Post questions and answers to UofT ESRI site license bulletin board
- Search www.esri.com website FAQs and Bulletin boards to try to answer questions by the UofT users.