How to Use the Digital Studio
Book a computer with one of the Attendants in the Information Commons Computer Access Facility. Attendants also provide logins and limited support.
The Digital Studio is a self-service facility that offers a variety of high-end scanning equipment:
- two tabloid-sized flatbed scanners
- two legal-sized flatbed scanners
- one 35mm slide/film scanner.
Since it is a limited resource, the Digital Studio is to be used for scanning and graphic/web design only. You are expected to have some familiarity with the software you wish to use as minimal technical assistance is available. Detailed scanning instructions are provided.
Currently registered UofT students, faculty and staff are eligible to use the Digital Studio.
Booking must be done through an Attendant in the Information Commons Computer Access Facility.
Questions about eligibility and booking can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Logging in to the Computers
The Digital Studio has a dual login system: your login (with your UTORid and password) and a staff login. Staff logins are provided by the Attendants in the Computer Access Facility on the first floor of Robarts Library. When you arrive for your appointment, find one of the Attendants to assist you. They may be at either of the printing kiosks on the first floor. If you don't see them, they may be assisting another client and will be with you as soon as they can.
Your reservation may be cancelled if you arrive more than 15 minutes after the start of your reserved time and another customer is waiting to use the equipment.
If you leave the equipment unattended for more than one hour, your reservation may be cancelled and the equipment may be released to the another client.
Please respect the following rules and regulations:
- Food and drink is not allowed.
- Do not turn off the machines.
- Everyone using this facility should be aware of and adhere to the policies in Appropriate Use of Information and Communication Technology and various other applicable policies.
- If there is a problem with the equipment, notify a staff member. Do not attempt to fix the problem yourself.
- Installation of software or games are not allowed on the Digital Studio computers.
- Since it is a limited resource, the Digital Studio is to be used for scanning and graphic/web design only.
- Any persons abusing the equipment will be removed and will be refused future access.
It is illegal to scan any images or text that are not your personal intellectual property unless you have the express written consent of the owner of that property or unless it is covered by the University of Toronto's agreement with Access Copyright (The Canadian Copyright Licensing Agency). It is the responsibility of the person scanning the images or text to obtain any required permissions.
It is likewise illegal to make copies of any digital files (software, audio compact discs, DVDs, etc.) without the express written consent of the copyright owner. It is the responsibility of persons using the Digital Studio to obtain, in writing, any required permissions.
Any persons using this facility for illegal purposes will be removed and will be refused future access.
Hours of Service
Hours (September 4, 2012 - June 28, 2013)
Monday – Friday
9:00 am - 11:00 pm
Robarts Library, 1st Floor
130 St. George Street