- Delegation of the European Commission to Canada
- Canadian Mission to the European Union
- Getaway to the European Union
- European Parliament
- European Union in the US
- Centre for European Policy Studies
- European Policy Centre
- A Concise Encyclopedia of the European Union
- EUabc: an Internet dictionary
- The European Affairs Jobsite
European Union Workshop
Prof. Randall Hansen
Dr. Edith Klein
University of Toronto
Munk School of Global Affairs
1 Devonshire Place
Tel: (416) 946-8962
Fax: (416) 946-8963
The University of Toronto/University of Victoria European Union of Excellence at the University of Toronto organizes interactive workshops about the European Union, its history, economics and current affairs. At the University of Toronto, these events are held at the prestigious Munk School of Global Affairs, and are aimed at secondary school students and their teachers and are specifically designed to dovetail with Grade 11 and Grade 12 curriculum.
We are pleased to announce that the next workshop will take place on (TBA).
This is an exciting opportunity for students to gain in-depth knowledge of one of the major players on the world stage and to take back to the classroom a deeper understanding of the world of international relations and diplomacy. Events such as this one also offer excellent opportunities for high school students to think about their own educational and career plans further down the road.
The workshop consists of presentations by and discussions with scholars studying the European Union and representatives from the European member state consular corps. The high school students in attendance at this event are energetically involved in a series of small-group problem-solving activities followed by a de-briefing. Volunteer University of Toronto graduate students act as facilitators of the event.
More than 70 high school students (Grades 11 and 12) attended the 2010 workshop at the Munk Centre for International Studies. The themes addressed in the workshop were: "Overview of the EU"; "Understanding Treaties, Multi-governmental Perspectives, and the Process of Accession"; "Nationality, Citizenship, and Minorities in the European Union"; "Enlargement of the EU"; and "The EU and the World".
NEW! The most recent workshop took place on April 4, 2012.
University of Toronto/University of Victoria European Union Centre of Excellence
European Studies Program for undergraduates at the Faculty of Arts and Science, University of Toronto
Studying the EU:
- EU Learning
- EUCE Research site
- European Union Study Tour
- Council for European Studies
- DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst)
- European Union Studies Association
- The European Community Studies Association, Canada
- Reconstituting Democracy in Europe
- CONNEX ("Connecting Excellence on European Governance")
- ERPA European Research Papers Archive