University of Toronto
For more information, please see Campuses.
Student Enrolment: | Fall 2014-15
New Undergraduate Students in First Entry Programs:
U of T has 14,382 new full-time students entering our First Entry* Undergraduate Programs in Fall 2014-15:
- 7,979 at our St. George Campus
- 3,151 at our Scarborough Campus
- 3,252 at our Mississauga Campus
* First Entry programs include Arts & Science, Applied Science & Engineering, Architecture, Kinesiology & Physical Education, Music and Transitional Year Program.
| Fall 2014 U of T has international students from 161 countries and regions. The top five countries/regions of origin are China, India, United States, Brazil and South Korea.
Faculty and Staff | Fall 2013
|13,239 Faculty Members*||6,470 Staff Members||141 Librarians|
* Faculty Members includes all active faculty members with teaching/research responsibilities but excludes Research Fellows, Sessional Lecturers and 4,778 Teaching Assistants.
Research | 2012-13
Research Funds Awarded by Sector - Total : $1.3B
U of T and Partner Hospitals
For more information, please see Research and Innovation.
Alumni | Fall 2014
International Institution Rankings | 2014
Trying to articulate a university's standing in the world is inevitably a subjective exercise. International rankings provide one independent measure of how U of T compares to other universities. As these rankings make clear, we stand among the best public universities in the world and recognized as Canada's top university.
|Times Higher Education 2014||Shanghai Jiao Tong 2014||QS World University Rankings 2014||US News Best Global Universities 2015||NTU Ranking (former HEEACT) 2014|
|University of Toronto||20||24||20||14||4|
For more information, please see International Rankings.
Programs & Tuition | 2014-15
For more details on undergraduate programs, please see Undergraduate Programs.
For more details on graduate programs, please see Graduate Programs.
*Tuition fees reported here do not include compulsory non-academic incidental fees.
For more detailed information, please see Fee Schedule.
Residences and Clubs | 2013-14
The University of Toronto has more than 800 student clubsacross all three campuses
Downtown Toronto (St. George) Campus
The University of Toronto at St. George has 11 residencies: eight residences belonging to one of our seven colleges, Chestnut Residence, Graduate House, and the Student Family Housing.
The Downtown Toronto (St. George) campus could accommodate 6,532 students in its 11 residences in 2014-15.
- The Scarborough campus could accommodate 765 students in residence in 2014-15
- The Mississauga campus could accommodate 1,457 students in residence in 2014-15
The University of Toronto has a housing guarantee for students entering their first year. Residence is guaranteed for all new full-time students entering their first year of university in an undergraduate program for the first time, provided that they have indicated their interest in residence by completing the University's common residence application by March 31, and have received and accepted an offer of admission by June 2.
Libraries | Fall 2013
- The University of Toronto has 44 libraries and more than 22 million holdings.
- The University's library system is the third largest in North America.
For more information, please see Library Directory.
Operating Budget | 2014-15
The University of Toronto's operating budget for 2014-15 is $2.0 billion.
For more information, please see Budget Reports.
- The University of Toronto contributes $15.7 billion to the Canadian economy every year.
- The University is a leader in commercialization and the creation of new start-ups.
For more information, please see Economic Impact Report.
Facts & Figures
- The University annually publishes a compendium of detailed information and statistics called Facts & Figures.
For more information, please see Facts & Figures.